Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball took one of three games from the Dolphins of Le Moyne over the weekend, as the Devils dropped the first game of the hard fought series 6-5. Game one saw the Devils collect 10 hits, leading the Dolphins through the seventh inning before the visitors found a late four-run rally in the eighth. Reilly Degen threw 7 1/3 innings of work in game one for the Devils, giving up six hits against 30 batters faced with eight strikeouts. The Devils bounced back quickly in the originally scheduled seven-inning game with a 1-0 walk-off win in the eighth inning. Adam Reed scored from second base bringing the first and final run home for USciences on a Nate Steele single to right field, after a Mike Pollastrelli sacrifice bunt down the left side advanced the runner into scoring position. Freshman Kris Morgenweck threw all eight innings, picking up his second win of the season. Of the 30 Le Moyne batters faced, Morgenweck allowed just three hits two walks and struck out eight. The Devils collected seven hits, plating their lone run in the eighth inning again in a 12-1 loss in the final game of the series on Sunday morning. This three-game series against the Dolphins takes the Devils to 2-6 on the season.
- Matt Miniconzi went two for five with an RBI single to center field in the first inning to score T.J. Dezzi.
- Ryan Scholey went two for four with two doubles and two runs scored.
- Justin Skinner added two hits with an RBI for his third multihit game of the season.
- Frank D'Alessandro collected three hits in four at-bats with an RBI in his first appearance against the Dolphins.
- Pollastrelli went one for two with a hit and a walk.
- D'Alessandro went one for three.
- Miniconzi collected two hits in three at-bats, with a double and a single.
- Frank D'Alessandro produced the Devils lone RBI, along with two hits.
- Joseph Jachimiak scored after a walk put him on in a pinch-hit situation in the eighth inning.
From The Mound
- Chris Geraci pitched an inning of relief in game one for the Devils, allowing five hits and three runs against nine batters.
- Eric Stratoti got the start in game three, putting in four innings of work, giving up five hits, along with a strikeout.
- Andrew Szpindor came in for two innings, allowing five hits with a strikeout.
- The Devils will be back in action on Wednesday, Mar. 8 for two games at Mercy starting at 12PM.