Wappingers Falls, NY - The University of the Sciences baseball team split the road doubleheader with Mercy College on Wednesday afternoon, after falling in the first game 6-3. The Devils rallied back for a three-run eighth inning to topple Mercy 6-4 in the final game of the series. The first game of the doubleheader saw 26 hits between the two teams, with the Devils collecting 12 with two extra base hits. With nine hits in game two and four extra base hits. Senior Mike Pollastrelli went three of five in game two with two runs scored and two runs batted in.
- Pollastrelli went two for four in game one with a triple, with an RBI and a run scored.
- Christian DeLuca added two hits in three trips to the plate in the first game.
- Justin Skinner went two of three with a RBI.
- T.J. Dezzi reached on two hits and a walk in three at-bats with a run scored.
- Matt Miniconzi took two walks, with two hits in three at-bats for a run and an RBI.
- Pat Hiester drew two walks in three at-bats.
From The Mound
- Reilly Degen threw 3 1/3 inning, allowing 12 hits and six runs.
- Ryan Johnson closed out game one, giving up two hits and striking out one.
- Kris Morgenweck tossed 5 1/3 innings, allowing seven hits and three runs.
- Andrew Szpindor earned his second win, allowing just two hits.
- Johnson appeared in his second consecutive game for a save in an inning of work.