Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball team dropped their first Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference road series of the season, falling to crosstown rival Philadelphia Univesity 12-2 in game one and 8-4 in game two. The Devils collected 17 hits on the afternoon with 10 coming in the second game, USciences outhit the Rams through the second seven-inning game 10-5. Ryan Scholey ignited the Devils offense in game two, going 4 - 4 with two home runs and a double, with two runs scored, and three runs batted in. Scholey and Matt Miniconzi each picked up multiple hits during the first game against the Rams, as Scholey notched his first RBI of the day.
- A Frank D'Alessandro single to left field scored Trevor Datz to put the Devils on the board in the fifth inning.
- Scholey brought home Christian DeLuca in the eighth with a sacrifice fly.
- Nate Steele got the scoring started with a RBI single to left in the second inning to bring around Nick Amicon.
- Ryan Scholey hit his first homer of the second game, this being a solo shot in the third inning to bring the game back even at 2-2.
- A two-run blast by Scholey this time with T.J. Dezzi aboard in the fifth would be the last runs to cross the plate for the visiting Devils.
From The Mound
- Eric Stratoti picked up the start in the first game for the Devils, putting in 6 1/3 innings of work, allowing six runs on 11 hits with six strikeouts.
- Ryan Johnson and wade Gilpin each saw action in game one.
- Chris Geraci got the start in game two, hurling five innings of three-hit baseball with four runs and six strikeouts.
- Andrew Szpindor and Johnson each came in for relief work.
- The Devils will return to their home field tomorrow at FDR Park taking on CACC opponent Dominican in a twin bill from Richie Ashburn Field at 12PM.