Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball team picked up a big win in their two-game series hosting the Chargers of Dominican College. The Devils went the distance and then some in game one, winning by a final score of 4-3 in 10 innings on a Frank D'Alessandro RBI single to bring around Adam Reed. That would be D'Alessandro's lone RBI of the game, as he would go on to finish 2-5 at the dish with a run scored. Christian DeLuca found his way on base in every at bat with a double, two singles and two walks, adding a run scored and a run batted in. The Devils collected 14 hits on the afternoon, with 10 coming in the first game against the Chargers.
- Ryan Scholey got the scoring started in the third inning, reaching on a fielder's choice, bringing in T.J. Dezzi.
- A DeLuca single brought around D'Alessandro in the fifth, before Pat Hiester could single to plate DeLuca for the second run of the inning.
- Jordan Lee provided a pinch-hit single in the seventh inning to try and give the Devils some late offense.
- Justin Skinner tallied a single and a stolen base.
- Dan Mersman came off the bench to give the Devils some late-game production.
From The Mound
- Andrew Szpindor got the start in game one, putting in four innings of work with three hits and one run allowed, and striking out four.
- Mack Gill appeared for three innings of relief, giving up two hits and one run, and one strikeout.
- Reilly Degen came in for two innings, giving up two hits and fanning two.
- Ryan Johnson earned the hard fought game one win, with an inning of work, two hits and two strikeouts.
- Pat Hiester made his first appearance on the mound this 2017 season, going three inning, allowing five hits with one strikeout.
- Dylan Mengel went 1 1/3 inning with two hits and a strikeout to his credit.
- Chris Kelly put in a little over a full innings worth of work, allowing five hits and fanning one.
- Matt Roland closed out the final game, giving up just two hits.
- The Devils will be back in action on Monday, March 27 from Richie Ashburn Field when they host East Stroudsburg for a single nine-inning game set for 3PM.