Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball hit the road to take on the Golden Falcons of Felician University in a CACC doubleheader, falling in both games, with a 22-1 deficit coming in game one, followed by a 9-2 loss in game two. Justin Skinner went 1 for 6 on the day with a double in game one and the Devils lone run scored on a Mike Pollastrelli RBI. Skinner added an RBI to his credit in game two, reaching on a Felician error and scoring Nick Amicon. Nate Steele gave the Devils their second run in game two, with a single to center, but the late rally wouldn't be enough for the visiting team.
- Christian DeLuca went 1 for 2 with a single up the middle in the fourth inning.
- Pat Hiester gave the Devils their first hit of the afternoon with a single to left in the second inning.
- Dan Mersman and Jordan Lee each came off the bench for pinch hit singles.
- Matt Miniconzi found his way on in all three at-bats with two hits and a walk, while a defensive change was made going from his normal spot at third over to first for game two.
- Amicon went 1 for 3 with a single through the left side in the third inning putting him on early. A hit-by-pitch in the seventh inning is what would allow Amicon to come around to score on the Skinner RBI.
- Adam Reed found his way on in twice, starting with a single in the third inning and later reaching on a fielder's choice in the seventh, allowing him to score on the Steele RBI.
From The Mound
- Andrew Szpindor started game one for the Devils, putting in three innings of work, allowing eight hits and three strikeouts.
- Derek DeMaria made his first appearance on the mound in relief for Mack Gill. DeMaria tossed 1 2/3 innings, giving up seven hits and striking out one.
- Joseph Jachimiak closed out the first game, giving up five hits and fanning three.
- Dylan Mengel started game two, with two innings pitched and four hits and two strikeouts.
- Matt Roland came in for three innings of relief, giving up three hits and striking out one.
- Kris Morgenweck closed the game, allowing one hit with one strikeout.
- The Devils will be back in action on Friday, March 31 for another CACC doubleheader from Richie Ashburn Field, taking on Chestnut Hill at 2PM.