Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences walked off with an 8-7 game two win over the Griffins of Chestnut Hill, after falling 3-1 in the first game. Mike Pollastrelli would step up in the eighth inning of game two with a pinch-hit triple to center, scoring Adam Reed from first base. Four runs would come in to score over the final two innings for the Devils, scoring three in the seventh to force extra innings. A two-RBI double in the gap to right-center by Justin Skinner brought across Matt Miniconzi and Pollastrelli. Nick Amicon plated the final run of the Devils seventh inning rally on a sacrifice fly to center, scoring Frank D'Alessandro. Matt Miniconzi started the rally with a pinch-hit two-run bomb to score Reed in the fifth inning. The Devils collected 16 hits on the afternoon through both games.
- The Devils took the lead in the first inning on a Pat Hiester single to right field, scoring Christian DeLuca.
- Skinner finished went 3 for 4 from the dish with two RBI's.
- Hiester added two hits in four plate appearances.
- Miniconzi would finish the game at first base after coming in to pinch hit, finishing the game with two RBI's and two run's scored.
From The Mound
- Eric Stratoti got the start in game one, going six innings with six hits allowed and four strikeouts.
- Matt Roland recorded a strikeout for the only out of his appearance.
- Ryan Johnson closed out the final 2 2/3, giving up one hit and striking out one.
- Chris Geraci took the hill to start in game two, putting in five innings of work with nine hits allowed and eight strikeouts.
- Mack Gill earned his first collegiate win, coming on in the sixth inning and putting in three full innings of work. Gill gave up just four hits and struck out two.
- The Devils will be back in action tomorrow Tuesday, April 4 for another CACC doubleheader in the annual Bill Giles Memorial Invitational game, taking on WilmU at 1PM from the road.