Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball team celebrated the careers of nine seniors before hosting CACC rival Caldwell from Richie Ashburn Field. The Devils would split the series with the Cougars dropping the first decision 13-6, before going on to take the 1-0 win in game two. Jumping out and taking an early 4-3 lead over the Cougars with a four-run third inning in game one. The Devils scoring rally started with a Mike Pollastrelli two RBI triple to score Christian DeLuca and T.J. Dezzi. Pollastrelli would later come in to score on a passed ball, before Trevor Datz forced a Caldwell fielding error to bring in Pat Hiester. The Devils would extend their lead in the fifth inning, when Pollastrelli would come in to score for a second time on a Matt Miniconzi single. Caldwell would spark an offensive rally of their own starting in the sixth inning, outscoring the Devils 10-1. The Devils collected 11 hits in the series, with the lone USciences run in game two coming on an Adam Reed triple in the third to score Dezzi. Chris Geraci threw a complete game four-hit shutout, with six strikeouts.
- Pollastrelli finished 2 for 2 with two runs scored and two RBI's.
- Datz went 3 for 5 with an RBI.
- Pollastrelli notched two of the three total hits.
From The Mound
- Reilly Degen started game one, going five innings giving up nine hits with one strikeout.
- Eric Stratoti came on for two innings of relief, allowing six hits.
- Mack Gill and Paul Vento each put in an inning of relief with a strikeout each.
- The Devils will be back in action on Tuesday, April 11 from Richie Ashburn Field in a doubleheader against Millersville at 2PM.