Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball team hosted regionally ranked Millersville from Ashburn Field, jumping out to an early 5-0 lead in game one of the two-game seven-inning series against the Marauders. The Devils manufactured three runs in the third before pushing across two more in the fifth, collecting seven hits. After a three-run fifth, the Marauders would go on to score three more in the seventh before shutting out the Devils the rest of the way. Forcing an extra inning of play, Millersville added two run's in the eight to take the first game 8-6. The Devils would drop the series finale 13-3, after a seven-run first inning USciences would plate three run's of their own in the third inning before allowing the final Millersville run's to cross in the fourth and fifth innings.
- Adam Reed went 3 for 5 with an RBI on a single to center, scoring Frank D'Alessandro in the fouth.
- Justin Skinner added an RBI double in the third inning for his lone hit in four plate appearances.
- Tom Aaron drew two walks with a single in three at-bats.
- Pat Hiester plated two runs on a single up the middle in the third inning, scoring Reed and Christian DeLuca.
- Reed added another RBI against the Marauders, going 1 for 2 with a single to right field to score Trevor Datz.
From The Mound
- Andrew Szpindor got the start in game one, throwing 4 1/3 with five hits allowed and three runs.
- Mack Gill came on for two innings of relief, giving up a hit, a run and striking out one.
- Ryan Johnson saw an inning of work, giving up five hits and four runs, making way for Matt Roland to secure the final two outs.
- Dylan Mengel took the hill to start game two, putting in an inning of work with seven hits and seven runs.
- Roland came on for four innings of relief, giving up seven hits and striking out three.
- Joseph Jachimiak and Wade Gilpin each came on for an inning of relief, with Gilpin giving up a hit and striking out one.
- The Devils will be back in action from Ashburn Field on Wednesday, April 12 at 1PM in a non-conference matchup against Goldey-Beacom.