Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball team swept the Lightning of Goldey-Beacom for the second time in two games from Ashburn Field in a non-conference matchup. The Devils jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in game one in the first inning, on a Matt Miniconzi homer. Goldey-Beacom would put up two runs of their own in the second inning, before Miniconzi would add his third RBI of the game, as the Devils would go on to take game one 7-5. Game two starter Kris Morgenweck made his first appearances at the plate for the Devils, with a hit by pitch in his first at bat and later drawing a walk and connecting for a single with two runs scored. The Devils took game two by a final score of 6-1.
- Ryan Scholey went 2 for 4 with two runs scored and an RBI.
- Trevor Datz added two hits in four plate appearances with an RBI.
- Miniconzi went 2 for 3 with three RBI's a run scored and a walk.
- T.J. Dezzi had a 3 for 3 game with two RBI's and a walk.
- Pat Hiester drew two walks, adding an RBI.
- Mike Pollastrelli went 2 for 4 with a run scored.
From The Mound
- Eric Stratoti got the start in game one, tossing six innings allowing eight hits with two strikeouts.
- Mack Gill came in for three innings of relief with three strikeouts.
- Morgenweck went the duration of game two with 11 hits allowed and four strikeouts.
- The Devils will be back in action on Tuesday, April 18 taking on West Chester University from Citizens Bank Park in the final round of the Bill Giles Invitational at 1:30PM.