Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences baseball team hosted East Stroudsburg from Ashburn Field in a single game, falling by a final score of 15-5. The Devils collected seven hits, plating their first runs in the fourth inning, starting with a Nate Steele RBI double to left to score T.J. Dezzi. After Steel would come in for the second run of the inning on an ESU wild pitch, Matt Guyger would plate the final run of the rally with a sacrifice fly to score Pat Hiester. Steel would provide some heads up base running in the eighth inning, scoring on a wild pitch. Jordan Lee knocked in the Devils final run with an RBI single to left, scoring Adam Reed.
- Steel finished 2 for 3 with a walk, two runs scored and an RBI.
- Tom Aaron went 1 for 2
- Dan Mersman reached base in both his plate appearances with a hit and a walk.
From The Mound
- Mack Gill threw three innings, giving up five hits and striking out five.
- Dylan Mengel appeared for seven batters allowing six hits.
- Matt Roland went three innings, with three hits allowed and four strikeouts.
- Andrew Szpindor threw one inning with one strikeout and four hits allowed.
- Ryan Johnson closed out the final two innings with no hits and two strikeouts.
- The Devils will be back in action for their final home game from Richie Ashburn Field, hosting WilmU in two games starting at 1PM on Friday, April 28.