Bronxville, N.Y. - The University of the Sciences baseball team traveled to Concordia for their final CACC doubleheader, taking game two into extra innings. The Devils dropped the series 6-3 in the first game, after falling in a hard fought 6-5 battle. Pat Hiester provided the offense in game one with two solo homers, going 3 for 4 with two runs scored and two runs batted in. Matt Guyger drove in three runs in game two, starting with a bases-loaded walk in the second inning, followed by a two-RBI double in the third inning.
- Nick Amicon went 3 for 5.
- Trevor Datz added two hits in four plate appearances.
- Ryan Scholey knocked in the final run for the Devils with an RBI double.
- Mike Pollastrelli went 1 for 4 with a run scored.
- Datz tallied two more hits in the late game against the Clippers with a walk drawn and a run scored.
- Matt Miniconzi came in to score two runs after making his way on base with two walks.
From The Mound
- Reilly Degen started game one, putting in five innings of work, with eight hits allowed and three strikeouts.
- Andrew Szpindor came on for three innings of work, giving up three hits, no runs, and striking out two.
- Chris Geraci went 4.1 with three hits allowed and two strikeouts.
- Dylan Mengel came on for 1.2 innings of relief, giving up four hits and two runs.
- Ryan Johnson closed out the final game going 1.2 with one hit, one run allowed, and one strikeout.