Brookville, NY - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team took on the Bears of NYIT on Sunday on the final day of the LIU Post Tip-Off Tournament, falling by a final score of 68-62. The Devils finished with two players scoring in double figures and a third pulling down double digit rebounds. A tale of two halves some would say saw the Devils hit 17-35 from the field in the first half, including 60 percent (3-5) from beyond the arc as they took a four-point lead into the break. Though the Bears did not truly outshoot the Devils in the second half 23% to 22%, NYIT converted on 17-21 trips to the charity stripe as the Devils settled on 6-8.
- Will Gregorits led all Devils scorers with 19 points going 9-25 from the field with eight rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
- Flo Da-Silva led the Devils in three separate categories, hauling in 12 rebounds, dishing out nine assists and tallying six steals to go along with his eight points.
- Brendan Crawford followed up his massive rebounding night with a 10 point game, along with six boards, two blocks, and an assist.
- The Devils took advantage of the Bears misfortune, scoring 19 points off of 16 NYIT turnovers on the day.
- The quick pace of play led to 11 fastbreak points for the Coach Pauley's squad.
- The Devils posted a 35.2 shooting percentage, with 26 points on the day coming in the paint.
- The Devils will be back in action on Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 7PM when they host Kutztown from Bobby Morgan Arena for the first time this 2016-17 season.