Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team dropped their home opener 83-48 to the Bears of Kutztown. The Devils put up the first basket of the game, but did not see a lead outside of the first half. The Bears seemed to be firing on all cylinders as they hit 51 percent of their shots to the Devils 34 percent. Though the game did not end the home teams favor, Coach Pauley was able to see 11 different players on his team score. Will Gregorits led the Devils with eight points, along with pulling down a team-high nine rebounds.
- Danny Kelly and Beni Toure each provided seven points off the bench, as Kelly recorded a rebound and a steal and Toure tallied four rebounds and two blocked shots.
- Brandon Hathaway put up five points, going 2 of 3 from the field and 1 for 1 from beyond with arc.
- The Devils finished the four players with four points. Tanner Kerr added five reounds and an assist. Brendan Crawford with three rebounds and JJ Melchior each added an assist to their nights.
- The Devils were able to convert on early foul trouble, going 5 of 9 from the line.
- 30 of the final 38 points came off the bench for the Devils this evening.
- The Devils hauled in 42 rebounds with 26 defensive boards and 16 offensive boards.
- The Devils will be back in action on Saturday, Nov. 19 at 3PM from Bobby Morgan Arena when they take on Southern Connecticut State.