Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team fell on their home floor to the Owls of Southern Connecticut State 81-71 on Saturday afternoon. The Devils finished with four players scoring in double figures as senior Jon McGill led the way with 20 points, pulling down five rebounds while adding an assist, steal, and a block. The Devils battled back and fourth with the owls throughout the second half, trying to overcome a one-point deficit over the final 20 minutes. The Owls would push their lead out to as many as 11 over the final minute of the game, the game would see eight ties and 10 lead changes.
- Flo Da-Silva added 14 points to the Devils offense, along with a team-high nine rebounds and six assists with one steal.
- Will Gregorits tallied 13 points while hauling in eight rebounds and a team-high six defensive boards along with five assists.
- Bryan Okolo knocked down 3 of 4 from downtown to add to his 12 point effort.
- The Devils outrebounded the Owls 34-32 on the afternoon, pulling down 14 offensive boards to SCSU 8.
- With just 11 turnovers committed by the Owls on the day, the Devils were still able to score 17 points.
- The Devils scored 15 second-chance points to the Owls six.
- It was a 42 percent shooting day as the Devils knocked down 26 of the 61 shots they took from the field.
- The Devils will be back in action from Bobby Morgan Arena on Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 8PM when they open up Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference play against Goldey-Beacom.