Indiana, Pa. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team fell in the opening round of the Indiana Holiday Tournament on Friday evening to Pitt-Johnstown 75-54. The Devils opened the game on a 10-0 scoring run, knocking down 13 of 27 shots from the field and 50 percent from beyond the arc. Will Gregorits led all USciences scorers through the first 20 minutes with 14 points, hitting 6 of 9 shots, while making his lone three-point attempt, along with pulling down four rebounds and dishing out three assists. As the Devils ended the game with two players in double figures, Gregorits tallied 16 points and Jon McGill added 11 points with a team-high 10 rebounds.
- Tanner Kerr provided 9 points off the bench for the Devils with two assists and a rebound, while going perfect three of three from the line.
- Brendan Crawford added 9 points with two rebounds, two assists, and a steal.
- JJ Melchior went two of four from beyond the arc to for his six points on the evening, while adding two rebounds and two assists.
- The Devils converted on 9 of 10 attempts from the charity stripe on the night.
- USciences matched the Panthers in the second-chance points category at 12.
- The Devils pulled down 28 rebounds on the evening with 20 coming on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Devils will be back in action on Saturday, Nov. 26 from Indiana (Pa.) when they take on the host of the holiday tournament, the Indiana (Pa.) Crimson Hawks at 7:30PM.