Lakewood, N.J. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team suffered a tough loss 64-63 in the final seconds on the road against the Lions of Georgian Court on Saturday afternoon. The Devils held their largest lead at 15 points over the Lions in the second half, though shooting 48 percent throughout the final 20 minutes compared to 52 percent to start the game. As the Devils finished with four players scoring in double figures, it was Will Gregorits and Jon McGill leading the way with 16 points apiece. Gregorits added nine rebounds, five assists, and a blocked shot; while McGill hauled in five boards with two steals and an assist.
- JJ Melchior posted a career-high 14 points, knocking down 50 percent from the field and four of seven from beyond the arc with a rebound.
- Brendan Crawford tallied 13 points on five of six shooting from the field, hauling in five rebounds with two assists and a steal.
- Bryan Okolo facilitated the offense with a team-high six assists while coming down with five rebounds and a steal.
- The Devils pulled down 30 rebounds on the afternoon with 19 coming on the defensive end and 11 coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences added 24 points to their total coming in the paint, with nine points coming off of 10 Georgian Court turnovers.
- It was a 50 percent shooting effort from the field for the Devils, knocking down 26 of 52, and 8 of 17 from beyond the arc.
- The Devils will be back in action on their home court on Tuesday, Dec. 6 when they host WilmU at 8PM from Bobby Morgan Arena.