Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team knocked off the #9 Spartans of St. Thomas Aquinas at Bobby Morgan Arena 76-67 in their first game back from winter break. The Devils took a 34-25 lead into the break, as senior Jon McGill found his stroke with 15 points through the first 20 minutes, going six of nine from the field and two of two from beyond the arc. McGill would tack on 10 points over the final stretch, leading the Devils with 25 points, two rebounds, three steals and an assist. The dominating effort found the Devils leading by as many as 16 with seven minutes left in the second half. USciecnes finished the evening with three players finishing in double digits. The Devils improve to 4-10 on the season and remain at 2-4 in the CACC.
- Flo Da-Silva added 24 points, with a team-high eight assists, while pulling down five rebounds, coming up with three takeaways.
- Brendan Crawford was the third Devil in double digits putting up 15 points, four rebounds and an assist.
- Will Gregorits and Bryan Okolo each posted six points, as Gregorits reeled in a team-high six rebounds.
- The Devils pulled down 31 rebounds on the night compared to the Spartans 29.
- The Devils shot 51 percent from the field on the night, knocking down 26 of 51.
- USciences scored 21 points off 18 turnovers while putting up 10 second-chance points.
- The Devils will be back in action in the new year on Wednesday, Jan. 4 when they hit the road to take on Dominican at 7:30PM.