Orangeburg, N.Y. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team suffered a heartbreaking loss on the road against the Chargers of Dominican College 64-62 in the final seconds of their first game of the new year. Finishing with four players in double figures, both Jon McGill and Flo Da-Silva posted 13 points with five rebounds, while Da-Silva led the team with six assists. The Devils kept Dominican close at 31-30 at the half, as USciences was able to outshoot the Chargers from the field without being able to convert on their three-point attempts. The Devils go to 4-11 on the season and 2-5 in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference.
- Will Gregorits recorded his fourth double-double of the season with 11 points and 11 boards while dishing out three assists.
- Brendan Crawford added 10 points with seven rebounds, along with an assist and a blocked shot.
- Bryan Okolo put up nine points with two rebounds and a steal.
- It was a 41 percent shooting effort from the field for the Devils, knocking down 27 of 66 from the field on the evening.
- The Devils controlled the glass, hauling in 43 rebounds compared to the Chargers 33.
- USciences tallied 38 of their total points coming in the paint, while capitalizing on second chances with 21 second-chance points.
- The Devils will return to action at Bobby Morgan Arena on Saturday, Jan. 7 at 3PM when they host Bloomfield for a CACC showdown.