Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team closed out the 2016-17 regular season with a commanding win over Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference rival Chestnut Hill, 65-43 on Saturday afternoon from Bobby Morgan Arena. On an afternoon when the Devils would be celebrating the playing careers of three players, Brendan Devine, Bryan Okolo, and Jon McGill. USciences would jump out to an early lead 34-24 lead at the break, shooting 45 percent from the field compared to the Griffins 30 percent. Flo Da-Silva matched his career-high in scoring with 20 points, posting 14 through the first half while adding six points in the final 20-minutes. Da-Silva went 10 of 13 from the field with seven rebounds, seven assists, and three steals. The Devils win over Chestnut Hill secured their spot in the CACC Tournament.
- Will Gregorits recorded his sixth double-double of the season, posting 14 points and reeling in 11 rebounds, while dishing out three assists, along with a block.
- Beni Toure posted his first double-double of the season, logging 10 points and 11 rebounds, along with two assists, a steal, and a block.
- Jon McGill tallied 10 points, adding six boards with three assists and two steals.
- The Devils grabbed 41 rebounds on the evening with 30 coming at the defensive end and 11 coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- It was yet another 50 percent shooting effort for the Devils from the field on the day, knocking down 28 of 56.
- USciences added 19 points off of 15 Chestnut Hill turnovers, along with recording 34 points in the paint.
- The Devils will be back in action traveling to Bloomfield next Saturday, Feb. 25 at 4 PM for the CACC Championship Quarterfinals.