Bloomfield, N.J. - The University of the Sciences men's basketball team closed out the 2017 season with a hard fought 77-62 loss in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Championship Quarterfinals on Saturday afternoon. The Devils outshot the Bears through the first 20 minutes of play 48 percent to 43 percent despite going into the half trailing 42-30. Will Gregorits led all Devils scorers with 16 points on the afternoon, posting 16 points tallying 10 throughout the first half. Gregorits would go on add eight rebounds along with an assist to his total on the day. The recently awarded CACC Defensive Player of the Year Flo Da-Silva rallied from a three-point first half, adding 10 of his own in the second, along with four assists, two rebounds, and two steals. USciences ends the regulars season at 13-15 and 11-8 in the CACC.
- Jon McGill added 11 points on 5 of 11 shooting, reeling in six rebounds and serving up two assists.
- Brendan Devine posted nine points going perfect from the field on all four attempts and hauling in two rebounds.
- Beni Toure pulled down four rebounds with two assists to go along with his four points.
- Bryan Okolo finalized his Devils career with five points three rebounds and an assist.
- The Devils matched the Bears in rebounding 35 to 35, with 26 of the Devils boards coming at the defensive end and nine coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences connected on 46 percent of their shots on the afternoon from the field, knocking down 26 of 56.
- The Devils posted six points of five Bloomfield turnovers.