CHESTER, Pa. – Every Devil to compete over the weekend set a collegiate personal record, as the University of the Sciences men's track and field team competed at the Widener Invite in what was the Devils' final team event leading up to the May 6 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Championships.
Johnathan Epstein, Ryan Ward and Matthew Connolly began the momentum on Friday night in the 5000m, with each setting new collegiate personal records. Epstein's time of 15:40.63 placed him 41st in the field of 108 and is the fourth-fastest time in the CACC out of 29 runners this season.
Ward finished in 16:12.09 and Connolly in 19:29.54.
Epstein and Connolly then came back Saturday with yet another collegiate personal record on Saturday in the 1500m. Epstein ran the event in 4:10.80 - the ninth-fastest time in the CACC - to place 35th out of 112, while Connolly crossed in 5:08.72.
Notably, Conor Glass competed at Moravian's Greyhound Invitational, where results can be found for here. The change in scenery did not change the theme, as Glass also set a new collegiate record with his furthest mark measuring at 38.69m.
Multiple Devils competed in an event for the first time, including William Hallinan and Ward running the 800m in respective times of 2:00.08 and 2:03.92. Ward's time was good for 32nd in the field of 111, third out of 11 in his heat, and now puts him in the top-10 of the CACC in a second event (1500m).
Weiner ran the 400m for the first time in 56.22.
Select relay teams, including the men's 4x400m, the men's sprint medley and the women's 4x100m, will compete at the historic Penn Relays on Thursday and Friday, before USciences competes at its first-ever CACC Championships.
59. Eric Papazian – 12.04 (collegiate personal record)
48. Eric Papazian – 23.98
75. Matthew Weiner – 25.50 (collegiate personal record)
65. Matthew Weiner – 56.22
32. William Hallinan – 2:00.08
65. Ryan Ward – 2:03.92
35. Johnathan Epstein – 4:10.80 (collegiate personal record)
108. Matthew Connolly – 5:08.72 (collegiate personal record)
41. Johnathan Epstein – 15:40.63 (collegiate personal record)
71. Ryan Ward – 16:12.09 (collegiate personal record)
108. Matthew Connolly – 19:29.54 (collegiate personal record)
17. Papazaian, Weiner, Ward, Hallinan – 3:39.89
14. Conor Glass – 38.69m (collegiate personal record)