NEW YORK – The University of the Sciences track and field program closed out its indoor season at the Armory Last Chance Meet on Friday, with several more school records entering the program annals as the Devils turn their attention to the spring.
Christina Holmes broke her school record in the 200m for the third meet in a row, running a 26.57 to place 16th out of 69 runners.
Running relays for the first time this season, USciences set two new school records. The quartet of Alton McKenley, Eric Papazian, Koy Connors and Macniel Mandeh ran the 4x400m relay in 3:31.73, while the distance medley team of Mandeh, Ryan Ward, William Hallinan and Johnathan Epstein completed the event in 10:56.69.
Nearly placing in the top-third of her field on Friday was Gabrielle Moss, who crossed ninth out of 26 in the mile with a time of 5:56.88.
University of the Sciences' spring season commences on Saturday, March 23 at the Ursinus Outdoor Invitational.
USciences Results (Men Unless Noted)
36. Macniel Mandeh – 7.33
88. Matthew Weiner – 26.38
16. Christina Holmes – 26.57 (school record)
28. Christopher Cardace – 5:02.79
31. Lucas Burkhardt – 5:08.69 (collegiate-best)
9. Gabrielle Moss – 5:56.88 (school record)
16. Paige Jacobs – 6:13.69 (collegiate-best)
14. Christopher Cardace – 10:28.85
9. Paige Jacobs – 12:40.69 (collegiate-best)
8. Dylan Zuch – 17:55.56
20. Alton McKenley – 6.12m
27. Koy Connors – 5.81m
32. Joseph San Filippo – 5.30m
Women's Shot Put
15. Chloe Georges – 10.66m (school record)
18. Sophie Hockran – 9.84m
13. Joseph San Filippo – 11.96m
Women's Weight Throw
18. Chloe Georges – 11.36m (collegiate-best)
19. Sophie Hockran – 10.48m (collegiate-best)
4. Papazian, Connors, McKenley, Weiner – 1:36.39
5. McKenley, Papazian, Connors, Mandeh – 3:31.73 (school record)
Men's Distance Medley
7. Ward, Mandeh, Hallinan, Epstein – 10:56.69 (school record)