BETHLEHEM, Pa. – The University of the Sciences cross country teams competed in the 43rd annual Paul Short Run presented by Asics this Saturday, Oct. 1 at the Goodman Cross Country Course. The Paul Short run is one of the largest cross country meets in the nation with approximately 6,000 athletes from nearly 450 colleges and high schools competing this year. The women's team completed the course with five runners competing in a collegiate 6k for the first time, as the Devils took 18th of 41 teams. Running in just their second competitive 8k of the season, the men's team bested their season total time by over 23 minutes and sealing a respectable 31st place finish of the 34 team field.
- The Devils were led by senior Tim Storino, completing his 8k in 29:06 for a 115th place finish.
- Scott Jacobs came in at a time of 31:41.
- Junior David Wilds was close to Jacobs, stopping the clock at 32:29.
- Eric Miekley and Eric Stratoti pushed each other across the line, as Miekley finished at 35:10 and Stratoti a respectable 35:35.
- The Devils will be back in action on Saturday, Oct. 8 at the Belmont Plateau for the Jack St. Clair Memorial Alumni Meet, which is set to start at 1PM.