Caldwell, N.J. - The University of the Sciences softball team traveled to Caldwell for a CACC doubleheader against the Cougars, falling in five innings in both games. Ashley Lewis joined the 100 hit club, with hit 99 coming on a double in game one, before 100 was hit through the right side in the first inning of the second game. The Devils dropped game one by a final of 11-0, before going on to fall in game two 10-2. Evangelina Olivera brought home the Devils first run in the fourth inning on a RBI single to center, scoring Madison LaPlante. A Brittany Granahan single to left brought around Lewis who reached on a Caldwell error.
- Brooke Chisholm went 2 for 3 with two singles.
- Olivera and LaPlante each earned a hit against the Cougars.
- Chisholm added a third hit on the afternoon, going 1 for 2.
- Kaitlyn Gaynor reached with a single in her long appearance at the plate.
From The Mound
- Alexandria Jackson went the distance in game one, allowing eight hits and striking out two.
- Kyla Colburn took went the first 2 2/3 of game two, giving up seven hits and fanning one.
- Gaynor came on to close out the game, allowing two hits to nine batters faced.
- The Devils will be back in action tomorrow Tuesday, April 4 taking on PhilaU in a CACC doubleheader set for a 3PM start.