Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences softball team was back in action from the McNeil Family Field for a CACC doubleheader against Felician. The Devils jumped out to an early 2-0 lead after two innings of play, with a Kaitlyn Gaynor RBI double in the bottom of the first and a Brittany Granahan leadoff homer to leadoff the second. After a four-run third by the Golden Falcons, the Devils answered with two runs of their own to tie the game at 4-4. With two runs crossing in the top of the sixth for the visiting team, the Devils were only able to bring in one, falling in the first game 6-5. Collecting 16 hits on the afternoon, USciences plated their only two runs of the second game in the third inning, dropping the second decision 10-2 in six innings. Jenna Hohenberger started the scoring off in game two with a solo shot over the left field fence. Sara Pietropola brought in the final run, scoring Madison Laplante after she reached on a single through the left side.
- Granahan went 3 for 3 with 3 runs scored, a stolen base and a run batted in.
- Pietropola came off the bench to go 2 for 2 with two doubles and three RBI's.
- LaPlante went 2 for 2 in the late game with a run scored.
- Alexandria Jackson got a hit in her lone plate appearance looking to spark a Devils rally.
From The Mound
- Gaynor tossed all seven innings of game one, allowing 12 hits and striking out four.
- Kyla Colburn got the start in game two, going 5 2/3, giving up 12 hits and fanning three.
- Jackson made her way to the mound to get the final out, giving up two hits.
- The Devils will travel to Kutztown for a doubleheader on Tuesday, April 11 at 2:30PM.