Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences softball team fell in their CACC home series to Holy Family at the McNeil Family Field. The first game was locked in at a 1-1 tie after the Devils got on the board first after Evangelina Olivera reached on a leadoff walk, and she would come around to score on a Tigers error. With Holy Family plating their matching run in the fifth inning and finishing the seven regulation innings, the Tigers would plate three in the ninth after starting with a runner on second due to the new extra-inning rule. After three Tiger runners would come across in the ninth, the Devils rally was cut short after Olivera scored while stealing home, and Brooke Chisholm would come in on a sacrifice fly before the final out was made, as the Devils go down 4-3. USciences would regain the lead in the second inning after Holy Family scored one in the first inning, but a two-run second would not be enough as the Devils dropped the late game 10-2.
- Lauren Davis tallied two RBI's
- Brook Chisholm went 1 for 3 with a sacrifice hit and a run scored.
- Olivera picked up one hit in three at-bats.
- Madison LaPlante and Emily Harris each went 1 for 2 with a run scored.
- Ashley Lewis added an RBI to her 1 for 2 day.
From The Mound
- Kaitlyn Gaynor threw the first six innings of game one, allowing four hits, one run and striking out two.
- Kyla Colburn came in for three innings of relief with a hit and three runs given up.
- Gaynor got the start in game two, throwing 3 1/3, allowing six hits, three runs and striking out two.
- Colburn saw an inning and a third of work in game two with five hits and six runs allowed.
- Alexandria Jackson came in to close game two.
- The Devils will be back in action on Friday, April 14 when they travel to Nyack for a CACC doubleheader at 2PM.