Orangeburg, N.Y. - The University of the Sciences softball team picked up a key CACC road series split against the Nyack Warriors. After dropping the first decision by a final score of 8-5, the Devils stormed back in a game two 8-2 win over the Warriors. The Devils would combine for five extra-base hits in the late game, including three home runs a first by each Lauren Davis and Evangelina Olivera and Gina Pustiszzi's second of the season. Olivera added a triple in her second at bat of game two, going 2 for 4 in the leadoff spot in both games with three runs scored, while Pustizzi tallied four runs batted in on a 2 for 3 day at the plate in game two.
- Brittany Granahan went 2 for 4 with two runs batted in.
- Gina Pustizzi added two hits in four plate appearances with an RBI.
- Madison LaPlante finished 3 for 4 with two RBI's.
- Emily Harris tallied a hit in all three of her plate appearances with a run scored.
- Granahan added a hit, two runs and a run batted in in four plate appearances.
From The Mound
- Kyla Colburn got the start in game one, giving up six hits allowing five runs with three strikeouts.
- Kaitlyn Gaynor and Alexandria Jackson each came in for an inning of work, while Gaynor fanned three.
- Jackson tossed the entirety of game two, allowing nine hits, two runs and striking out five.
- The Devils will be back in action from the McNeil Family Athletic Complex taking on CACC rival Post University at 3PM on Tuesday, April 18.