Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team picked up their second straight win, taking down the Wildcats of Wilmington University 72-64 on Tuesday evening from Bobby Morgan Arena. The Devils notched one of their best offensive performances in almost a month, finishing with three players posting double-digit points, as they were led by freshman Jordan Vitelli on the night with a career-high 20 points. Vitelli shot an outstanding seven of nine from the field, knocking down six of seven from beyond with arc. The Devils trailed the Wildcats after the first quarter but surged back to outscore Wilmington through the second 27-9 to take a 41-28 lead into the half. The game saw just two ties and two lead changes and at one point a 20 point lead by the home team. The Devils improve to 8-2 overall and 3-1 in the CACC.
- Sarah Abbonizio was another double-digit scorer for the Devils, adding 15 points, along with six rebounds, three assists, and two blocks.
- Alex Thomas totaled 13 points, with a rebound and a steal to go along with her three assists.
- Laura Trisch pulled in a season-high 10 rebounds, adding to her nine points, three assists, three blocks, and two steals.
- The Devils hauled in 40 rebounds on the evening with 27 coming at the defensive end and 13 coming at the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences saw great help from their bench as Vitelli scored 20 of the 24 bench points on the night, as Mikaela Giuliani added the other four.
- It was a 43 percent shooting night from the field for the Devils, knocking down 28 of 65, and 10 of 22 from beyond the arc. This is the highest shooting percentage the Devils have posted since the unfortunate loss to Shippensburg on Nov. 27.
- The Devils added 18 points off of 12 Wilmington turnovers.
- The Devils will be back in action from Bobby Morgan Arena on Saturday, Dec. 10 when they host another CACC rival in Holy Family at 1PM.