Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team took down the Griffins of Chestnut Hill 84-73 in their final game before returning home for the holiday break. The Devils finished with four players scoring in double digits and two players posting 20-point efforts. Alex Thomas led the way with a career-high 24 points while hauling in three rebounds and dishing out four assists, and adding a steal and a block on the defensive end of the floor. Freshman Jordan Vitelli tallied her third straight 20-point game, going 5 of 7 from the field and 5 of 7 from beyond the arc, along with knocking down all five free-throw attempts, while pulling down four rebounds. The Devils outscored the Griffins 19-7 in the second quarter, overcoming a 21-18 deficit after the first quarter and taking the lead into the half, before extending their largest lead out to 11 points in the third quarter. The Devils improve to 10-2 on the season and 5-1 in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference.
- Laura Trisch added 11 points to the Devils total, reeling in a team-leading five rebounds, with two blocks a steal and an assist.
- Colleen Walsh tallied 10 points going four of six from the field for the Devils, dishing out four assists and pulling in two rebounds.
- Sarah Abbonizio served up a team-leading five assists, coming up with two steals and a blocked shot to go along with nine points.
- The Devils hauled in 28 rebounds on the evening with 25 coming on the defensive end and three coming at the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences scored five second-chance points on the evening, with 12 points coming off of 12 Chestnut Hill turnovers.
- It was a season-high 48 percent shooting effort from the field for the Devils, knocking down 27 of 56, and 14 of 30 from beyond the arc.
- The Devils second quarter included a 19-0 run over the Griffins.
- The Devils will be back in action on Wednesday, Dec. 28 when they head to Millersville University for a 5:30 PM contest.