Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team cruised to their eighth straight win, routing the Bears of Bloomfield College 54-43 on Saturday afternoon from Bobby Morgan Arena. Jumping out to an early lead in the first quarter, the Devils outscored the Bears 33-18 through the first half. In a game that didn't see any lead changes, the Devils led by as many as 20 points. The Devils were led by Alex Thomas through the first 20 minutes, with 18 points, knocking down 7 of 12 from the field and four of seven from beyond the arc. Thomas would go on to finish the game with 21 points on the day, while pulling down four rebounds and dishing out four assists along with coming up with a steal. The Devils improve to 14-2 on the season and 7-1 in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference play.
- Colleen Walsh added 17 points with 10 of those coming in the second half, shooting 7 of 12 on the evening, while pulling down four rebounds and blocking three shots.
- Laura Trisch reeled in a team-high seven rebounds, blocking three shots, dishing out two assists and coming up with an assist.
- Molly Greenberg was back in the starting lineup for the first time since November, posting seven points, along with six rebounds all of which came off the offensive glass. Greenberg added three steals and two assists to her totals for the afternoon.
- Sarah Abbonizio logged a season-high six assists with five rebounds and a steal.
- USciences led Bloomfield in almost all major statistical categories on the afternoon.
- Including the Devils hauling in 37 rebounds on the afternoon with 22 coming on the defensive end and 15 coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences shot 35 percent from the field, knocking down 21 of 5 and 10 of 30 from beyond the arc.
- The Devils will host Concordia in a CACC contest on Tuesday, Jan. 10 from Bobby Morgan Arena at 6PM.