Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team pushed past the Tigers of Holy Family 65-53 in a CACC matchup. It was a career night for Alex Thomas, posting 30 points going 10 of 18 from the field, converting on 5 of 10 shots from beyond the arc, along with five of six from the charity stripe. Thomas added five rebounds with three assists and a steal on the night. The Devils took an early 14-11 lead at the end of the first quarter, but the Tigers climbed back in the fight before the half, as the Devils went into the break with a one-point 25-24 lead. As Holy Family took a two-point lead going into the final quarter, USciences would go on to outscore the Tigers 28-15 over the final ten minutes. The Devils improve to 18-5 on the season and 11-3 in the CACC.
- The Devils finished with three players scoring nine points, along with three players pulling down five rebounds. Colleen Walsh went four of six from the field and one of one from beyond the arc, with two rebounds and an assist.
- Sarah Abbonizio logged four assists, with three steals and two rebounds to go along with her nine points.
- Laura Trisch put up nine points with five rebounds and four assists and a steal.
- Jordan Vitelli and Marissa Sylvester each added five rebounds off the bench, as Vitelli finished with six points on the night.
- The Devils grabbed 30 rebounds on the evening with 18 coming at the defensive end and 12 coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences hit 40 percent of their shots on the night from the field, knocking down 24 of 59, and 9 of 13 from the line.
- The Devils added 18 points off of 20 Tiger turnovers.
- The Devils will return to action at home on Saturday, Feb. 4 when they host CACC rival Felician from Bobby Morgan Arena at 1PM. The University of the Sciences Athletic Department will also be inducting the Hall of Fame class immediately following the game.