Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team ran away to a 59-44 win over CACC rival Philadelphia University on Tuesday night at Bobby Morgan Arena. Taking a 32-23 lead into the half, the Devils knocked down 12 of their 26 attempts from the field. As two Devils would go on to post double figures in the scoring column, Alex Thomas led the scoring effort with 20 points with 11 of her total coming in the first half. Thomas knocked down 9 of 14 from the field and two of four from beyond the arc, hauling in three rebounds and serving up two assists. The Devils improved to 20-5 on the season and 13-3 in CACC action.
Sarah Abbonizio posted 18 points on the night, garnering half of her total from the charity stripe going 9 of 10, pulling down seven rebounds with two assists and two steals.
- Colleen Walsh reeled in nine rebounds, dishing out five assists to go along with her six points.
- Jordan Vitelli converted on three of nine from the field for eight points, pulling down four rebounds with an assist and a steal.
- Laura Trisch led the Devils with a team-high four assists, along with five rebounds, two assists, and two blocks, and three points.
- The Devils grabbed 31 rebounds on the evening with 23 coming at the defensive end and eight coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences connected on 39 percent of their shots on the night, knocking down 11 of 14 from the field.
- The Devils added 14 points off of 12 PhilaU turnovers.
- The Devils are back in action at Bobby Morgan Arena to take on CACC rival Nyack at 1PM on Saturday, Feb. 11.