Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team cruised to a 61-43 win over the Warriors of Nyack on Saturday afternoon at Bobby Morgan Arena. After scoring just 10 points during the first quarter, the Devils would go on to outscore the Warriors 34-20 over the next twenty minutes of play, extending their lead out to as many as 21. USciences took a 28-22 lead into the intermission despite shooting 33 percent from the field, compared to the Warriors 39 percent. The Devils made up for their misfires by outrebounding Nyack 18-12 through the first half. Jordan Vitelli led the scoring effort on the afternoon for the Devils, posting 17 points going 5 of 10 from the field, with all five baskets coming from beyond the arc. Vitelli would add six rebounds and four assists to her total on the afternoon. With this win, the Devils improve to 21-5 on the season and 14-3 in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference while earning a share of the regular season CACC title as of today.
- Sarah Abbonizio posted 11 points, reeling in five boards and serving up two assists with a steal.
- Colleen Walsh logged 10 points on three of seven shooting from the field, with four rebounds and an assist.
- Laura Trisch went three of four from the field for nine points, hauling in a team-high seven rebounds, adding two assists and a steal to her total.
- Brigit Coleman provided six points and six boards off the bench for the Devils, with four rebounds coming at the offensive end of the court.
- The Devils grabbed 35 rebounds on the afternoon with 22 coming at the defensive end and 13 coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences hit 37 percent of their shots on the afternoon from the field, knocking down 18 of 49, and 15 of 18 from the free-throw line.
- The Devils added 10 points off of 12 Nyack turnovers.
- USciences had no problem sharing the ball tallying 15 assists compared to the Warriors four.
- The Devils hit the road to take on Goldey-Beacom in their final CACC road match at 6PM on Wednesday, Feb. 15.