Wilmington, Del. - For the second time in three years, the University of the Sciences the University of the Sciences women's basketball team has taken claim to the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference South Division regular season title with a 55-49 road win over Goldey-Beacom. Overcoming a 27-25 deficit coming out of the intermission after shooting 36 percent from the field through the first half, the Devils outscored the Lightning 30-22 over the final twenty minutes. The Devils were led by Sarah Abbonizio and Alex Thomas each recording 12 points on the evening. Abbonizio went three of nine from the field, converting on all six trips to the charity stripe, pulling down three rebounds, dishing out three assists, along with a steal. Thomas added five rebounds to her total, all coming at the defensive end of the floor, going four of eight from the field and knocking down all four attempts from the free-throw line. With this win, the Devils have earned home-court advantage for the first round of the CACC Playoffs when they host Concordia on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 2 PM.
- Colleen Walsh posted a career-high 14 rebounds, dishing out two assists, to go along with nine points on the night.
- Laura Trisch added nine points with seven rebounds an assist, and two blocked shots.
- Marissa Sylvester provided six points going three of five shooting from the field, reeling in four rebounds and coming up with a steal.
- The Devils pulled down 43 rebounds to the Lightning 29 boards.
- It was a 36 percent shooting effort on the night for the Devils, knocking down 18 of 50 attempts from the field, along with converting on 16 of 20 trips to the line.
- USciences recorded 11 second-chance points and 26 points coming in the paint.
- The Devils will be back at it again Saturday, Feb. 18 when they host CACC and crosstown rival Chestnut Hill at 1 PM from Bobby Morgan Arena.