Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team excelled to a 64-42 win over the Concordia Clippers in the CACC Championship Quarterfinals at Bobby Morgan Arena on Saturday afternoon. The Devils took a 39-14 lead into the break, holding the Clippers to just three points through the second quarter on 1 of 15 shooting from the field. Finishing with two players scoring in double figures on the day, as First Team All-CACC award winner Alex Thomas posted 25 points, adding four rebounds. Thomas finished knocking down 8 of 15 shots from the field and 4 of 10 from beyond the arc.
- Second Team All-CACC honoree Sarah Abbonizio added 10 points, pulling down four rebounds, serving up four assists, and coming up with a steal and a block.
- Jordan Vitelli and Brigit Coleman each finished with six points, as Vitelli tallied a team-high eight boards and Coleman hauled in seven boards of her own, along with three assists.
- Colleen Walsh recorded seven points with four rebounds, two assists, and a steal.
- The Devils grabbed 40 rebounds to the Clippers 27, with 26 of the Devils boards coming at the defensive end and 14 coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences connected on 38 percent of their shots on the day from the field, knocking down 22 of 57.
- The Devils added 22 points off of 17 Concordia turnovers.
- The Devils will be back in action next Saturday, Mar. 4 in the CACC Championship Semifinals taking on Bloomfield from Caldwell at 7PM.