Caldwell, N.J. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team defeated the Bloomfield College Bears 68-49 on Saturday evening in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Championship Semifinals from Caldwell University. The Devils jumped out to an early lead through the first 10 minutes, leading the Bears 16-7, as Sarah Abbonizio led the scoring effort with seven points, and USciences seemed unable to miss coming out of the gate. Taking a 30-17 lead into the intermission, converting on 76 percent of their field goal attempts through the first half, the Devils would also out-rebounded the Bears 14-8. Not missing a beat coming out of the half, the Devils would continue to add onto their lead extending out to 53-33 after the third quarter. Abbonizio would go on to finish the game with 18 points, shooting 80 percent from the field, pulling down two rebounds, coming up with two steals, and an assist.
- Alex Thomas followed up with a 16 point effort in the semifinal game on 5 of 10 shooting from the field while knocking down all four attempts from the charity stripe. Thomas reeled in nine boards, coming up with two steals and dishing out two assists.
- Colleen Walsh tallied 13 points, knocking down five of six from the field and two of three from beyond the arc, pulling down six boards and serving up four assists.
- Mikaela Giuliani provided eight points on a perfect four for four shooting with a rebound and an assist.
- The Devils grabbed 33 rebounds on the evening with 25 coming at the defensive end and eight coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences connected on nearly 64 percent of their shots on the night, knocking down 28 of 44 from the field, and 6 of 14 from beyond the arc.
- The Devils added 17 points off of 17 Bloomfield turnovers.
- The Devils will take on the host Caldwell Cougars at 2:30 PM in the CACC Championship Final game Sunday, Mar. 5.