Caldwell, N.J. - The Devils women's basketball team sealed their invitation to the "big dance" with a commanding 72-57 win over host Caldwell University in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Championship final. The two top seeded team's exchanged buckets through the first quarter with a 17-17 score after 10 minutes of play. While USciences took at 34-29 lead into the intermission, converting on exactly 50 percent shooting from the field, the Devils finished with four players scoring in double figures. It was yet another explosive third quarter for the Devils, outscoring the Cougars 21-10, shooting 55 percent from the field over the final 20 minutes. All-Tournament Team honoree Alex Thomas led the Devils scoring effort, recording 17 points and converting on all six trips to the charity stripe. Thomas added eight rebounds and a steal to her total on the afternoon. Sarah Abbonizio was named Tournament MVP by the CACC, tallying 14 points in the championship game on 5 of 12 shooting from the field, with four rebounds, three assists, and a block. This is the Devils first NCAA Tournament invite in over 10 years, since they last won the CACC in 2006.
- Jordan Vitelli made six of nine from the field and four of seven from beyond the arc for 16 points, reeling in seven rebounds while coming up with a steal and an assist, to go along with her All-Tournament Team honors.
- Mikaela Giuliani added 12 points with five boards, two steals, and two assists off the bench for the Devils.
- Laura Trisch hauled in seven rebounds all coming on the defensive end of the floor while serving up seven assists and blocking three shots.
- The Devils grabbed 38 rebounds on the afternoon with 28 coming at the defensive end and 10 coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences hit 52 percent of their shots on the afternoon from the field, knocking down 25 of 48.
- The Devils added 15 points off of only seven Caldwell turnovers.
- USciences had no problem sharing the ball tallying 17 assists on 25 of their made buckets.
- The Devils will face off against Bentley University in the first round on Friday, Mar. 10 from Adelphi University at 12PM.