Garden City, N.Y. - The University of the Sciences women's basketball team battled Queens College in the NCAA DII Tournament, as the Devils closed out their season falling to the Knights 77-67 in the round of 32. The Knights jumped out to an early 10-0 lead over the Devils, as USciences came back to bring the game within six points by the fourth quarter. Going into the intermission the Devils trailed Queens 29-19, shooting 21 percent from the field compared to the Knights 46 percent through the first half. The Devils finished with four players scoring in double figures, posting 48 of their total points through the final 20 minutes of action. Sarah Abbonizio led all Devils scorers with all 16 points coming in the second half. Abbonizio converted on all five of her attempts from the free throw line, adding three assists, two rebounds, and a steal to her final total. The Devils end their season at 27-6, along with a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference regular season south and tournament championship title.
- Alex Thomas added 14 points on five of eight shooting from the field, knocking down all three of her three-point attempts while reeling in five rebounds.
- Jordan Vitelli knocked down all seven of her free throw attempts and three of eight shots for 13 points, adding five rebounds and two steals.
- Laura Trisch finished with a team-high seven rebounds, along with three assists and a blocked shot to go along with her 10 points.
- The Devils grabbed 31 rebounds on the evening with 23 coming at the defensive end and eight coming on the offensive end of the floor.
- USciences connected on 36 percent of their shots from the field, knocking down 21 of 57, and 16 of 17 from the charity stripe.
- The Devils added 22 points to their total in the paint, and nine points off of 13 Queens turnovers.