Philadelphia, Pa. - The University of the Sciences women's tennis team hosted Daemen College on Sunday afternoon, defeating the Wildcats five courts to four. Daemen jumped out to early taking two of three doubles courts. The Devils rallied late in the afternoon, taking four of the six singles courts to seal the match. With this win, the Devils improve to 5-1 on the season and maintain a 2-0 record in Central Atlantic Collegiate play.
- The doubles duo of Elkanah Linder and Karla Miletic got back in the win column, picking up the lone doubles win on the day for the Devils at 8-5.
- Miletic has become a staple in the first singles position for the Devils, taking down another opponent in straight sets at 6-2, 6-1.
- Linder battled her way to a second court victory in three sets with the final two sets going to a tie-breaker. Elkanah held on to the win 6-4, 6-7(7-5), 1-0 (10-8).
- Abbygail Gamarnik picked up her third win of the week in straight sets with a 6-2, 6-1 victory.
- Sophomore Jillyan Serrano sealed the win for the Devils on the final court with a 6-3, 6-0 win.
- The Devils are back in action on Tuesday, Sept. 20 as they host Wilmington University at 3PM at the McNeil Family Courts.