WILMINGTON, Del. – Danielle Paran extended her win streak to six matches across singles and doubles as she won both of her matches for the third dual in a row, but it was not enough as the University of the Sciences women's tennis fell 6-3 to regionally ranked Wilmington in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) action on Tuesday afternoon.
After an 8-5 second flight doubles victory to improve to a team-best 6-2, including 4-1 in CACC play with doubles partner Elkanah Linder, Paran swept her third straight opponent with a 6-2, 6-3 decision at No. 4 singles. The win moved her to an even 3-3 overall as well as a 3-2 in both dual and CACC action.
Notably, Linder is now only one victory shy of becoming just the third Devil in program history to win 30 doubles matches.
Earning USciences' other point was Karla Miletic, who remained unbeaten in both dual and CACC play (5-0, 4-0) after dropping just two games at No. 1 singles, 6-2, 6-0.
University of the Sciences returns to the McNeil Tennis Courts on Thursday, Oct. 5, to host St. Thomas Aquinas at 2 p.m.
1. Karla Miletic (USCIENCE) def. Begona Gomar (WILMU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Laura Gil (WILMU) def. Elkanah Linder (USCIENCE) 6-0, 6-0
3. Jane Malygina (WILMU) def. Abbygail Gamarnik (USCIENCE) 6-0, 6-1
4. Danielle Paran (USCIENCE) def. Anushka Sathe (WILMU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Andrea Ribalta (WILMU) def. Julia James (USCIENCE) 6-0, 6-0
6. Tess Paya (WILMU) def. Han Le (USCIENCE) 6-0, 6-0
University of the Sciences 3-3, 2-3 CACC
Wilmington University 3-5, 2-2 CACC; Regional ranking #7
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (,6,5,2,3,1,4)