New Castle, DE. - Fresh off a walk-off win over Chestnut Hill, the Univesity of the Sciences baseball team defeated WilmU in the first leg of the Bill Giles Invitational 7-4 for a chance to take on West Chester University from the home of the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Ballpark. The Devils notched seven hits in through the first game, exploding for a four-run third inning and a three-run fourth inning. Pat Hiester tallied three RBI's in the first game against the Wildcats, going 1 for 3 with a double in the third inning. T.J. Dezzi added two runs scored and two RBI's with a single to left to bring around Adam Reed in the third. Dezzi would also reach on a fielder's choice in the fourth to score Justin Skinner after he reached on a triple to leadoff the inning. Splitting the series with the Wildcats, USciences dropped the second game 3-1. Ryan Scholey added his second RBI of the day in game two, scoring Frank D'Alessandro in the fourth.
- Christian DeLuca went 1 for 3 with two walks and a run scored in the leadoff spot for the Devils.
- Mike Pollastrelli added a hit, a run, and a run batted in with three plate appearances.
From The Mound
- Andrew Szpindor got the start in game one, tossing four innings of four hit ball with one earned run and three strikeouts.
- Kris Morgenweck came on for three innings of relief and his third win of his first season, allowing just one hit, one run and striking out two.
- Reilly Degen and Ryan Johnson each put in an inning of work, with Degen striking out one and Johnson fanning two and picking up his second save of the season.
- Dylan Mengel took the mound for the start of the second game, going four innings, allowing four hits and three runs, and striking out two.
- Mack Gill came in for relief giving up one hit with one strikeout.
- The Devils will be back in action on their home field on Friday, April 7 taking on Felician at 1PM.