LOGAN TOWNSHIP, N.J. – Freshman Will Grillo ran the 21st-fastset 8K in University of the Sciences' men's cross country's history at Rowan's Inter-Regional Border Battle held at Gloucester County Dream Park on Saturday.
That highlighted a performance in which all five Devils to run set new season-bests, as USciences placed second amongst five Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) teams to compete eight days ahead of Oct. 27th's CACC Championship.
Grillo's time of 27:58.44 was the second-fastest in the program over the last eight years.
It was good enough for a top-third of the field finish, with the rookie crossing 49th amongst 162 runners.
Sophomore Dylan Zuch was the second Devil to cross, beating his previous collegiate personal record by over a minute with a time 29:09.98.
University of the Sciences will look to carry that momentum i to next weekend, with Sunday's CACC Championship at Belmont Plateau set to begin at 9 a.m.
49. Will Grillo – 27:58.44 (season-best) (21st-fastest 8K in program history)
91. Dylan Zuch – 29:09.98 (collegiate personal record)
97. Christopher Kelly - 29:19.16 (season-best)
115. Lucas Burkhardt – 30:34.12 (season-best)
128. Sian Poteat-Romero – 31:30.10 (season-best)