PHILADELPHIA – University of the Sciences Head Women's Tennis Coach Nick Margiasso has announced the signings of Myra Anwar, Diana Sosonkin and Myka Williams to complete his first recruiting class at USciences.
"We really reinforced the foundation of a successful women's program and set ourselves up for an even stronger future with the signing of Myra, Diana, and Myka," Margiasso commented. "A lot of the credit here goes to Associate Athletic Director Scott Sisson and Athletic Director Marc Caserio in dealing with bringing this trio in as I was just starting, but being a part of those discussions I knew these three were great fits."
University of the Sciences women's tennis tied a program record by advancing to the CACC Semifinals for the third year in a row in 2018.
The incoming trio will join six returners from that squad, which begins its 2019-20 season at The College of New Jersey's Doubles Kickoff Tournament on Saturday, Aug. 31.
Myra Anwar (Sacramento, Calif. / St. Francis) | 5-3 | Pharmacy
- Daughter of Shakil and Shahnaz
- Has played No. 1 singles since sophomore year
- Three-time Team MVP
- Four-time Delta League champion
- San Joaquin Section champion
Diana Sosonkin (Brooklyn, N.Y. / Edward R. Murrow) | 5-7 | Occupational Therapy
- Daughter of Olga and Peter
- USTA National Zonal Team Competition champion with Team Eastern
- Winner of multiple USTA Eastern Level 1 singles and doubles tournaments
- Holds single match wins over players ranked in the top-20 nationally
Myka Williams (Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines / St. Vincent Girls') | 5-4 | Biomedical Sciences
- Daughter of Niquette and Rodney
- No. 1 ranked U18 national
- 2018 U18 National Singles champion
- 2018 Women's Open national finalist
- Three-time 2018 ITF U18 Doubles quarterfinalist
- 2015 ITF SVG U14 Singles winner
- 2015 Tobago U14 Singles quarterfinalist
- Best ITF Ranking: 1639