NEW YORK, N.Y. – Elizabeth Sauers and Bridget Houghton finished first and second in the mile, and numerous Devils set new collegiate personal bests, as the University of the Sciences women's track and field team closed out its winter and indoor season at the Armory Last Chance Meet on Friday.
Sauers topped the field of six by finishing in 6:06.41, while Houghton crossed less than three seconds behind her in a new collegiate personal best time of 6:09.20 to highlight a very successful showing.
Jordyn Pursel and set two collegiate bests on the day; in the 60m, 8.67 seconds, and the 200m, 28.93 seconds, with the graduate transfer finishing one position outside of the top-half of the field in both events.
Elizabeth Eaton's collegiate personal best also came in the 60m, 8.99 seconds.
Stephany Romero's longest mark in the long jump was 4.46m (14-7.75), also a collegiate personal best.
DeLorenzo ran the 3000m in 12:32.85 to finish second while Hockran's furthest throw in the shot put traveled 9.84m (32-3.5), good for fifth.
The final collegiate personal best on the day was Shane Bishop running the 800m in 2:41.59.
Rounding out the results was USciences' first-ever distance medley relay, in which Sauers, Bishop, Houghton and Paige Jacobs completed in 14:34.85.
University of the Sciences will now turn its attention to the spring and outdoor season, a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) sponsored season, which begins on Friday, March 30 at the Danny Curran Invite hosted by Widener.
11. Jordyn Pursel – 8.67 (tied collegiate personal best)
12. Elizabeth Eaton – 8.99 (collegiate personal best)
13. Jordyn Pursel – 28.93 (collegiate personal best)
10. Shane Bishop – 2:41.59 (collegiate personal best)
1. Elizabeth Sauers – 6:06.41
2. Bridget Houghton – 6:09.20 (collegiate personal best)
2. Olivia DeLorenzo – 12:32.85 (collegiate personal best)
3. Sauers, Bishop, Houghton, Jacobs – 14:34.85
4. Stephany Romero – 1.45m (4-9)
8. Stephany Romero – 4.46m (14-7.75) (collegiate personal best)
10. Elizabeth Eaton – 4.23m (13-10.5)
11. Jordyn Pursel – 4.22m (13-10.25)
--. Jordyn Pursel – Foul
5. Sophie Hockran – 9.84m (32-3.5) (collegiate personal best)
--. Chloe Georges - Foul